Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Here I am...My first blog. I've been told by many people that I should be blogging my weekly farm news so that's why I am doing this. It may turn into a daily thing depending on the time involved. 
We will all pitch in...and I'll get some pictures in, once I learn how to do that, so we can show all of you who can't get out to the farm what's going on. We may even get a web-cam!! 

Modern!

So, today my bee partner and friend, Lisa, and I went and got more equipment for our bees. We only have one surviving  hive, having lost two over the winter. We're not sure what happened: maybe colony collapse syndrome which has affected so many bees or maybe they got too cold or maybe they didn't have enough food to get through the winter. We're just finishing our first year, so we're learning. We're hoping our surviving colony is strong enough to eventually divide. 

We're going to check on them tomorrow if the weather cooperates. I'll post the results.

Meanwhile over at the field,  the strawberries look gorgeous. They are all weeded and there are lots of flowers. We're hoping to have berries within the next few weeks. 

We have asparagus for the weekend. Of course I'll give a complete list before Friday. 

I'm signing off for now. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Evie!!!

Welcome to the blogasphere. You're going to love it!!

Jennifer